Roasted Fennel and Squash
- Peel 1 1/2 lb butternut squash. Remove seeds, quarter, and cut into 3/4" chunks.
- Halve 1 medium fennel bulb. Slice into 1/2" segments.
- Halve 1 large onion. Slice into 1/2" segments, leaving the base on to hold the segments together.
- Mix together 1tsp each cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, and chilli powder. (Add habañero flakes for extra kick.)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F.
- Toss in a bowl vegetable slices and spice mix with a few Tbsp of fresh olive oil.
- Spread out on baking pan(s), salt and pepper liberally.
- Roast for 20 minutes, flip all and roast for 20 more.