My top five new reads that I think everyone else should be reading too:
- random($foo) — frequently updated with links and commentary, always interesting. Tech and culture.
- paranoidfish — great commentary (if, sometimes, beyond my level) and great links. Tech.
- die puny humans — Uh, yet more frequent links and commentary. Culture. (Twisted, Good.)
- 1976 Design — Fellow WaSP Dunstan Orchard’s quirky design weblog. Dunstan is a character, good times are guaranteed to all.
- DW: What’s New — not technically a new find, but a great news source that probably doesn’t get enough credit. Run by Nick Finck and other DW authors (myself included, occasionally, when I remember)
I’m relying on blo.gs these days. News aggregators just aren’t my bag, baby. All I need is a list of who has updated recently, I have no need to take content outside of the original site’s context. One day I’ll look into publishing my complete list — it’s well over a hundred by now.
I’ve noticed some people I read out of obligation; I try to keep updated on peripheral things like Atom and social software and the general tech business. Others I’m thrilled to see fresh content from, and relish reading every single time.
Who are your favourites? Who do you keep coming back to?