Back in the saddle. Archive of today’s temporary page follows, since there are bound to be questions and bits of advice.
When the high-tech method fails, there are always low-tech alternatives.
Thanks to an increasingly spotty host, I’m kicking it Zeldman-style today and hand-coding this in Notepad. It would seem that any files ending in
.asp are timing out, and reporting strange things.
So the easy alternative is an
index.html in my root. Which is what you’re viewing now.
All this to say I’m still alive, I’m not going anywhere, and this will all be worked out shortly.
Thanks for your patience. Keep checking the archives — when things are restored, you should be able to view the rest of the site.
Since this page is ephemeral anyway §
mezzoblue + Apple. The day has come. I finally took the plunge and picked up my first Mac this week. Ever.
Here’s a fun thing: prices are, as a rule, more in Canada. In this case, Apple charges a 50% premium on all its products. So for the low, low price of $2000, I just barely managed to buy the lowest-end iBook they currently ship. Fun!
To be fair, I sprung for an extra 512MB of RAM that’s included in that price. So even this comparatively underpowered piece piece of sexy, sexy plastic now has more juice than my existing system.
Have I “switched”? Not a chance. Will I? Time will tell. Am I loving OS X? Why yes I am, thanks for asking.
Places you can go §
- Bowman on Verisign’s Bad Move.
- Does Microsoft want to lose the plug-in patent case?
- Zeldman on Microsoft vs. .
- SimpleQuiz - Part VI - Form(atting)
- Cederholm’s Super Semantic SimpleQuiz Successor.
- MTSETUP Alpha Testing
- Rubin’s automating MovableType installs.
- Things of Interest; the Job Hunt
- Hire Mike Pick.
- CSS only mostly stupid.
- Marcotte fixes LIR. MacIE5 users rejoice.
- Dive Into Publishing
- Pilgrim’s “Dive into Python” soon available on dead trees.